Monday, June 16, 2014

Ain't No Party Like a Pork Rind Fest Party

....and that may be a good thing.

Arriving at mid-day with family members, there wasn't much to recommend the festival devoted to the lowly Pork Rind.   Sure, the table to purchase bags of fried pig skin was long, but other than the other food booths, and an odd spattering of misc. booths, there wasn't much going on.  

Later in the day, there was live music.  At the spontaneous phone call of a friend, it was possible to return later in the evening to check out a very different scene, and a very different crowd.
The fried random food crowd now added Budweiser to its offerings.  I can't remember the last time I drank a "Bud."

Recognizing other people who are also in attendance at the Pork Rind Festival is a combination of "hey I know someone" and "I don't want to be seen here" (especially if you're in the beer tent).  But it's sort of a bonding experience, "yeah, I am here and I am only semi-ashamed."

2 comments:

  1. I remember this!!! I hope you are well.Your life seems interesting.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason - though this wasn't Sue's post - we appreciate you checking in - how could one forget a Pork Rind Fest?!

    ReplyDelete