Sunday, July 3, 2011

Who Says My Life Isn't Working Out?

One of my favorite sayings is "It's good to have a goal." Sometimes I use it sarcastically, like when a student promises to be on time to class, but mostly, I think that having goals is important. They don't have to be life changing goals like running a marathon or curing cancer. I just think that it's important to have something to look forward to. Something that catches your attention and gives you something to think about during television commercials. Or while other people are talking and you aren't really listening. Some might say that I should have a goal of writing in complete sentences.

Some goals are short term: can I get through church without giving the evil eye to the people with the crying baby? Others are longer term: will I ever have a tenth wedding anniversary?
Recently I achieved a more mid-range goal---It's taken about two weeks, which is sort of embarrassing to admit but it's not like I skipped work or sleep to achieve it.



Yes, that's over ONE MILLION Points.

My fingers are a little cramped up, but no pain, no gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment