Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Words, Words, and More Words

But, I'll be putting up pictures to tell the stories about all the words we've been using lately.

First, there's this: Why, yes, that is a picture of Lynne and me with a trophy from the Boggle for Breast Cancer tournament. Third place. Not bad considering the fact that Lynne was looking for words while plotting to kill the dulcimer player. (See her post below). And I was writing words with puppy chow powdered sugar on my hands. Imagine how we might have done in optimal conditions.


So, that was the first very wordy event that we had. Some might say that most of our days are very wordy since we talk a lot but so far I've not found any place that will give a trophy for that.
And now we are both spending November participating in National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 unedited words of a novel between November 1 and November 30. It's really hard for me not to go back and edit, but I'm having fun just writing about whatever random thoughts come to my head for things for my characters to do. Lynne seems to be extra fired up about this because every morning when I go stumbling downstairs to make tea, she's already clacking away at her keyboard.

So, if we neglect The Bitter Train over the next couple of weeks, don't take it personally. And remember, you may end up in one (or both) of our novels. Do you want to end up as a snively minor character, or would you prefer to be a witty main character? Just something to remember, especially if you are baking cookies and wondering what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment