Thursday, December 31, 2009

Festivus, the Inaugural Event



Meeting someone for the first time at a party, you may wonder what their interests may be. If they told you, "I like to make sock puppets," you (wisely) might politely excuse yourself, quietly retrieve your coat from the guest bedroom, and head for the door.

This is just one of the many reasons I don't go to parties. Not that I'd run into this person, but that it turns out I AM this person. Or one of them. But the thing is, I didn't know I was one and I don't anticipate regularly making them.

When Trina told me that she had a "craft project" that we all just HAD to do, I was skeptical. My crafting skills don't go much beyond making little bird nests with play dough or winding plarn balls. To know so many crafty people is a little intimidating.

While we had planned to do the typical Festivus activities such as feats of strength and airing our grievances, these were kicked to the curb by all in attendance as we really got on a roll when the glitter and glue gun came out, along with the googly eyes of assorted sizes. You can imagine the mayhem, but everyone was polite.

And yes, that is Elvis, courtesy of Pat. Turns out crafting is for the rest of us too.

1 comment:

  1. you should tell that sock puppet interest to any cute Greek guys you meet (wink, wink) - that's fascinating stuff about you. :) Oh - and I love Elvis!

    ReplyDelete