Monday, October 11, 2010

Road Hazards



That little yellow thing in the road is why I hate to drive this time of the year.

It is the Woolly Bully. The only insect with a near-wordless theme song.

They are all over the road, moving as slow as a, well, caterpillar. While I don't like to see dead raccoons or deer, they at least have a fighting chance of crossing the road. Not the woolly bully caterpillars. They haven't a chance when they are in the sights of a vehicle. I've swerved to miss them. The idea of them mushing in the tires is just too much for me.

Another poor decision:


Sure, talking or texting on your phone may be a hazard, but what about the Woolly Bully? Shouldn't there be signs for THEM crossing the road? Laws enacted? There must be a better solution than waiting for the first frost.

So close, yet so far...

Yes! Smart Woolly! Smart!

1 comment:

  1. I hit a bird with my car the other day going about 30mph on a residential street. I think this was natural selection in process because the smart birds get out of the way at such slow speeds. Let that be a lesson,WOOLY BULLY!YEAH!WOOLY BULLY! What is so important about the other side of the street? Were all the cool cocoon places taken?

    ReplyDelete