Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I (heart) the BMV!


I do! I really, really do!

Last night, I woke up at 4 a.m. realizing I had not renewed my driver's license. I have no idea what it was that made me remember, nearly three weeks after my birthday, but it sure filled me with angst.

After showering and trying to look sort of put together for the big picture taking moment, I drove off to the local Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

The first great thing about this branch of the BMV is there was NO LINE! One guy was sitting waiting for his picture, so I sailed right up to the clerk and confessed my mistake. She was so nice about it, I was almost happy to pay the $20 fine (almost).

I slung my bag on the counter and found my checkbook. And that's when the magic happened. The clerk and another woman nearby totally loved my bag! And why?

PLARN!

Who doesn't love plarn?! I aced my eye exam, added an extra ten pounds to my weight (so now it's about accurate, as opposed to 4 years ago when I was more optimistic), added nothing to my height, and smiled for my picture. Sure, it took three tries for it to come out as hideous as it did, but now I'm all legal again.

And the new license is pink! How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment