Friday, May 21, 2010

Flumping Friday

Fun Friday---you've heard about it, you've read the reports. Secretly (or not so secretly) you've had the jealousy.

But, there's something you need to understand about Fun Friday.

It can be a lot of pressure.

It starts around Wednesday with the nagging thought "What crazy hijinks will we come up with for this week?" Fun Friday activities have included things like making laundry detergent (a full report on that coming soon), shopping at Stites, going out to lunch, and, ice cream. Sometimes we go to the library.

You can understand the dilemma. How do you come up with things to do every week?

Thus, Flumping Friday. An Ode to Doing Nothing. Flumping is a word I learned from Lynne (let's not talk about the words she's learned from me.)

Essentially, Flumping means to do nothing but with the sole purpose of enjoying the nothingness. No guilt allowed. In fact, flumping is a fine art and I'm just a beginner.

It's after two o'clock and I'm still in my pajamas. I've been reading a trashy book. Next on the agenda (all subject to change depending on my slug-level) bathing, TV watching, and more surfing the internet. Oh wait...surfing sounds way too energetic. I'm getting worn out just thinking about it.

Wow... I was going to write more, but I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment