Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Losing It


"She's not playing with a full deck." "He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer." "The butter has slipped off her noodles." Me? I'm missing a few shingles from my roof.

Three days after I returned home from my regular trip to Florida (yay for Week 5!), winds close to 70 mph kept me awake all night as the lampshade rattled and my bed shook (and not in a good way). In the morning, I went outside to find my yard littered with shingles. For the fourth time in a year, I had to call the roofers.

And while the two little days we had this past week where the temperatures basked in the mid-60's, it's right back to howling winds and wind chills below freezing again.

Which leads me to ask, can the train leave a few days earlier?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ladies (i use that term loosely),
    Hope you haven't burned anything too tender. How's the tan lines coming, or are there going to be any (see sentence above...lol) Lynne, please borrow Sue's razor until you can go buy your own...you DID bring your razor, didn't you, Sue? Wish I would have dropped everything and tagged along. I could have been the official "lotion put-er on-er" :) HOW FUN WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN!!!!! Hey Lynne, how's Mr. Greek?

    ReplyDelete